Tuesday, December 22, 2009

the road book.


This week, while running my Santa's Elves Sweatshop out of my living room, I started on a scrapbook for myself that I'm calling the Road Book. I'd like to record some of the drives I've taken in the last few years, both to sort through some photos and also to do a breakdown of some thoughts I had while I was on the road.

That is my intent, but I'm already starting to feel wrapped up in the loneliness I feel when I look at some of these photos. Wow, driving. To think that there was the invention of the automobile, the invention of the mass production line, the construction of the modern American highway system, and as a result I happened to get one of the biggest containers of my life-- a metal-clad compartment on wheels where the only things I need to occupy myself with are music/silence and a compass direction.

3 comments:

  1. I dig it. The Road Book. Sounds like a beautiful project and I also hopes it's the first mass production hit to come out of TFP. (The first...)

    Yeah, I'm going to self-produce a book of my photos from 1995-2005, kind of a transitions to adulthood, father myself, show the power of life kinda feel. Maybe we can workshop together....

    J?

    ReplyDelete
  2. a., let's talk about this workshopping at our next meetup. i'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete