Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Back from the burn.

Burning Man was revelatory, you guys. I was planning on making it a big photo essay project, but what ended up happening was that I had very little desire to take photos while I was out there; I just wanted to be in it. It was a fascinating perspective for me to recognize in myself- that ultimately, my first priority is to experience something novel, not to photograph it. If I end up going back out there next year, that may change. I would love to set up a formal photo studio and concentrate on doing Burning Man portraits. I look forward to that, too.

Photos will be coming shortly, but before that happens, I'm waiting on a new Macbook to ship my way (!!!!!). The Burning Man photos will be the first photos that I upload to my new laptop and Lightroom will be the first software that I install. And then my head will explode.

3 comments: