Friday, June 18, 2010

anderson, ca.

Hi tfp. I have lots of photos to share from the last few weeks. I'll work on posting a few photo essays to get started, can't wait to really go through these and do some photo editing. For now, everything I'll post here hasn't been touched or edited at all. I just downloaded the free 30-day trial of Lightroom 3 and haven't learned how to use it yet, but you can bet that soon I'll be editing the shit out of some photos. Yeah!

First photo essay.
j.dub and I went up to Anderson, just outside of Redding, to visit his maternal grandmother last month for a couple of days. She is dying of lung cancer, and j's mother's whole side of the family was there to essentially say goodbye. For two days I felt both entrenched and suspended in a quiet, focused observation of someone else's family and j's place in it- weird and illuminating in the way it will be when we do the kind of recovery work we do. While there, I took exactly one roll of Tri-X black and white photos on my Minolta.



















1 comment:

  1. wow, heavy.
    how was it bringing a camera into those peoples lives?
    they don't seem to mind...

    ReplyDelete