Saturday, June 19, 2010

denver road trip.

What to say about Denver. It took 20 hours to drive there via the 80 east through Nevada and Utah, 25 hours to drive back via the 90 west through Arizona and the 99 through the Mojave Desert. I spent three days in the Denver area itself with my friend Kimbo and her friend Bert. Bert is also a photographer- when I first got into Denver and met up with them, he had his 5D Mach II in hand, with a 50/1.4 lens on it, and we proceeded to talk photography for the next three days. Bert revealed that he had also brought a 70-200 telephoto zoom lens and a 16-35L. I ventured asking if I could maybe try the 16-35 sometime while we were in town, and he said of course. The disbelief I felt was maybe the exact feeling you'd get if you found a rusted-out lamp at the Ashby Flea Market and touched it and a genie came out.












1 comment:

  1. These are great, Bon. Can't wait to see the full, edited essay on these. I gotta say, that first photo in particular is stunning. I would love to see that 20X30, seriously. Well done, looks like you were feeling the inspiration on this trip.

    ReplyDelete