Sunday, November 7, 2010

graf/montreal

("I've been gone for a minute, now I'm back...")

Finally (finally!) had an afternoon off with nothing to do. It's been a very long time. Took my new little device out around the town as I explored the streets of Montreal. Man, Quebec has some serious graf writers: creative and prolific. Shooting with such a tiny camera (size and sensor) w/out using a viewfinder was a totally different experience, something I feel perfectly ambivalent about. The grainy, high depth of focus pocket experience is disappointing when thinking of portraits or landscapes, and just super awesome for the city. Anyways, enough of the ramble, here's a little sample.


 









4 comments:

  1. Hmm... for some reason I think my Lightroom is not calibrated the same as my jpeg downloads- the photos look flatter and darker on the downloads then in the program. Any tips?

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, these are awesome. The first one is an instant classic. I love everthing about it and want a print in my house. The last one is a strong self portrait...I keep trying to figure out what the hell is going on in there..windows????mirrors????windows and mirrors????? what the hell????
    the s95 looks like it has great image quality and it really seems to lend itself to black and white! glad to see you shooting again, sir. keep going with this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, thanks JM! Thanks for your thoughtfulness. Yea, I liked both of those too, thought the last one is a bit weird and kind of messy- lot's going on. I was shooting into a window at a mural behind me, but there was another window behind so it came back, or some shit.
    The s95 I think will be great for the street. The color looks okay, but better in black and white. Let's link up soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. yeah, I wanna try that little bad boy! Also, I like these images better than the grd...they are smoother to me. also, My images always loose something when I upload, I think it is just the way blogspot compresses them...the downside of the digital 'print'.

    ReplyDelete