Saturday, January 30, 2010

(2007)

bad posture

clouds reach down to hang heavy on my shoulders

head bent eyes to the ground like I'm looking for spare change

mouths move but I can't hear the words they are saying

cars drive by in slow motion

I wonder

How many times have I been here

how many times have I felt this and cursed the sun for being selective

how many times have I risked a dream

shadow boxing with ghosts turning old photographs 3d

I didn't find music until I was seventeen

I used to fantasize my father was a blues musician and he told me stories

I used to wish that I was born in another time and place

"when I was just a little child- I never saw the sun"

hot tea and ginger candy to soothe the orphan I once was

holding his hand and taking a long walk back down the bombed allies he's come from

he points his finger at the wreckage

I cry and hold my head up for him


1 comment:

  1. you read my mind, i've been wanting to add poetry and words to this blog for a while. thanks for the inspiration.
    perfect, sad, beautiful little poem for little joey.

    ReplyDelete